The 2017 legalisation by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), has changed the way we view CBD and sports. Current legislation confirms that athletes will now not be banned from professional sports if CBD is detected in blood screen tests as CBD was removed from the list of prohibited substances (ref). This has paved the way for many athletes to become advocates of CBD from Rugby, MMA and Boxing for example.
CBD can boost your fitness performance and recovery; this is because scientists have found strong indications that Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain. All sports involve stretching the bodies limits of endurance, taking impacts and rapid muscle stretching. Let us take a look at how CBD can help in both on field performance and after game recovery.
Does CBD help sports performance?
Around 30 minutes to an hour before your workout, it is wise to think about a pre-workout snack or supplement – the aim of pre-workout nutrition is to provide your muscles with the required energy supplies and support for your workout.
Go Further - Due to CBD’s analgesic effects there is strong pre-clinical evidence that your pain perception levels drop meaning you should be able to push yourself further.
- Work your muscles harder - Your muscles should also become less inflamed therefore delivering you increased work function.
- Anxiety reduction helping focus – This is an added bonus as there is strong pre-clinical evidence suggesting CBD can reduce anxiety in many situations and therefore helps people focus on the task in hand.
Does CBD help sports recovery?
Recovery is super important in the workout process. Not only does it help you avoid all of those negative side effects, but when those micro-tears heal, your muscles grow. Overtraining, or under recovering, negatively impacts your performance.
- Reduces Muscle Soreness - CBD is an antioxidant so demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects on your joints and muscles reducing all over body pain, injury, and stiffness after a workout. Mission C have created an exlusive range of premium cbd muscle balms and creams to effectively aid in muscle recovery and relieve aching muscles and joints.
Sleep quality - CBD has also been shown to promote a calming effect on the central nervous system, helping to reduce stress and anxiety and promote healthier sleep, all crucial for post workout recovery.
What CBD sports products should I chose?
At Mission C we provide high-quality pre and post workout CBD products for sports and fitness enthusiasts to reach maximum performance and optimal recovery. Our CBD sports ranges are designed to enhance your active lifestyle and combined with the powerful properties of rich and natural energy-boosting ingredients, including Ashwagandha, Maca Root, Turmeric and Black Pepper. Always start at a lower concentration and build up to a level that works for you and your body as this will give you flexibility in the number of doses you can take before reaching the 70mg recommended daily dose.
We have the following sports ranges available:
- Mission C Sports Range is aimed at the everyday athlete who is looking to optimise their performance and recovery. These products contain broad spectrum CBD, whereby all of the cannabinoids and terpenes combine to create synergistic effects on the endocannabinoid system. Thus, broad-spectrum CBD promotes a broader range of supportive effects compared to other types of CBD Not to worry though, the ‘THC’ is removed from broad spectrum CBD, so you will not feel high or feel any psychoactive effects.
- Mission C Pro Sports Range is aimed at professional athletes, who may be worried about drug testing. These products contain CBD isolate, which guarantees 0% THC and no other cannabinoid other than CBD in the products.
We believe in open, honest, and balanced communication, we tell people everything they need to know about CBD. All information is trusted, vetted, and backed by scientific evidence. If you want to learn more about CBD and have any further questions, please reach out through our contact form on the website or email@example.com. Above all else, we’re human. Our team is made up of real, contactable people who are on hand for anything you might need.
Let's, Create Change.